Mitochondrial DNA - Digital Download
Quick Referencce Guide / Cheat Sheet / Research Aid - Digital Download
Author: Diahan Southard, Your DNA Guide
Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) carries with it an indestructible record of your direct maternal line. This guide will cover the basics of mtDNA testing, and how to harness its power in maternal line research. This guide will fully explain the different kinds of DNA tests, and more importantly, how to use the results of testing to further your genealogical goals.
- Explains what DNA can and can't do your research
- Identifies who in your family should be tested
- Explains privacy measures
- Provides a comprehensive flow chart that identifies the right test for your research
- Helps you choose the right testing company for your test and genealogy research
- How to take the test
- A Quick Glossary Guide to help you navigate terminology easily
Upon purchase, you will receive an email with a link to the digital download. Please check your spam or junk folder for the email if you do not receive it in your inbox right away. Mobile devices may not be able to complete the initial download, so we recommend downloading to a computer first. Please read the download instructions before beginning, and be sure to allow the download to fully complete before accessing the files.
Year Published: 2019, 2nd Edition
Format: Full color PDF download
Publisher: Your DNA Guide
Diahan Southard has a background in microbiology with a talent for clear and concise explanations of complicated topics. She has been translating genetics into genealogy for two decades and currently acts as Your DNA Guide, providing personalized consultation experiences to help genealogists use DNA testing in their genealogy research.
We Also Recommend