Mitochondrial DNA for Genealogists
Quick Reference Guide / Cheat Sheet / Research Aid
Digital download also available
Author: Diahan Southard, Your DNA Guide
Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) carries with it an indestructible record of your direct maternal line. This guide will cover the basics of mtDNA testing, and how to harness its power in maternal line research. This guide will fully explain the different kinds of DNA tests, and more importantly, how to use the results of testing to further your genealogical goals.
- Explains what DNA can and can't do your research
- Identifies who in your family should be tested
- Explains privacy measures
- Provides a comprehensive flow chart that identifies the right test for your research
- Helps you choose the right testing company for your test and genealogy research
- How to take the test
- A Quick Glossary Guide to help you navigate terminology easily
Size: 8.5" X 11"
Interior: Full Color
Year Published: 2014
Binding: 10 mil, tear resistant, water resistant synthetic - folded
Publisher: Genealogy Gems Publications
U.S. Shipping Only
International Customers: see digital version
Diahan Southard has a background in microbiology with a talent for clear and concise explanations of complicated topics. She has been translating genetics into genealogy for 15 years and currently acts as Your DNA Guide, providing personalized consultation experiences to help genealogists use DNA testing in their genealogy research.
We Also Recommend