Genealogy Giants: Comparing the 4 Major Websites - Digital Download
Quick Reference Guide / Cheat Sheet / Research Aid - Digital Download
Print version also available
New low price.
Author: Sunny Jane Morton
Editor: Lisa Louise Cooke
“Which genealogy records membership website should I use?” It’s one of the most-asked questions in genealogy—and this quick reference guide answers it!
Use this jammed-packed cheat sheet to quickly and easily compare all of the most important features of the four biggest international genealogy records membership websites: Ancestry.com, FamilySearch.org, Findmypast.com, and MyHeritage.com. Then consult it every time your research budget, needs or goals change. Tables, bulleted lists and graphics make this guide as easy to use as it is informative.
This comprehensive quick reference guide explains:
- How knowing about all four websites can improve your family history research
- How the sites stack up when it comes to the numbers of historical records, names in trees, DNA profiles, site users, site languages and subscription costs
- Unique strengths of each website and cautions for using each
- What to keep in mind as you evaluate record content between sites
- Geographic record strengths: A unique table has an at-a-glance comparison for 30+ countries
- How to see what kinds of records are on each site without subscribing
- How family trees are structured differently at these websites—and why it matters
- Privacy, collaboration and security options at each site
- How DNA testing features differ at the two websites that offer it
- What you can do with free guest accounts at each website
- Subscription and free access options
Upon purchase, you will receive an email with a link to the digital download. Please check your spam or junk folder for the email if you do not receive it in your inbox right away. Mobile devices may not be able to complete the initial download, so we recommend downloading to a computer first. Please read the download instructions before beginning, and be sure to allow the download to fully complete before accessing the files.
Author: Sunny Morton
Editor: Lisa Louise Cooke
Publisher: Genealogy Gems Publications
Year Published: 2019
Format: Full-color PDF download
Sunny is a genealogy writer whose work is read by thousands in magazines and online. As a Contributing Editor at Lisa Louise Cooke's Genealogy Gems, she frequently posts on the news, but also loves to share quick research tips, reveal little-known resources or take genealogists for an exhilarating dive into deeper research topics and techniques. She's also the author of My Life & Times: A Guided Journal for Collecting Your Stories.