Google Earth for Genealogy: Video Series
Previously on CD - now as a digital download!
Learn how to use Google Earth for genealogy in new and exciting ways! This set of tutorial videos by nationally known genealogist Lisa Louise Cooke brings you over 2 1/2 hours of easy-to-follow instructions. You'll be blown away at what you can do with Google Earth, and Lisa's project ideas will give your family members a new perspective and appreciation of family history. Compatible with both standard Google Earth and Google Earth Pro!
Explore all 14 episodes!
- Download and use Google Earth
- Identify the locations of old photographs Part 1
- Identify the locations of old photographs Part 2
- Explore church record origins
- Plot your ancestors' homesteads
- Create your own custom historic map overlays
- Save and share Google Earth images
- Pinpoint Your Ancestors Property
- Locate Original Land Surveys
- Customize Place Marks and Add Photographs
- Add Videos to Maps
- Add Focus with Polygons and Paths
- Incorporate 3D Models of Ancestral Locations
- Create and Share family History Tours
Upon purchase, you will receive an email with a link to the digital download (sorry, but CDs are no longer available for purchase). Please check your spam or junk folder for the email if you do not receive it in your inbox right away. IMPORTANT: Please read the download instructions before beginning, and be sure to allow the download to fully complete before accessing the files. Downloads may not be compatible with mobile devices, so we strongly encourage you to download to a computer.
Lisa Louise Cooke is the owner and CEO of Genealogy Gems, a multi-media production company. She is the producer and host of the popular online family history audio show The Genealogy Gems Podcast, as well as the monthly Family Tree Magazine Podcast. Her podcasts bring genealogy news, research strategies, expert interviews and inspiration to family historians in 75 countries.