Understanding Family Tree DNA - Digital Download
Quick Reference Guide / Cheat Sheet / Research Aid - Digital Download
Author: Diahan Southard, Your DNA Guide
Many have begun to explore autosomal DNA testing with Family Tree DNA, but aren't sure how to navigate the website and make genealogical connections. This guide provides answer to the following questions:
- How can I find my best matches at Family Tree DNA?
- What do the MyOrigins results mean?
- Do I need to add my pedigree chart to the website?
- What to the relationship ranges, like 2nd - 4th cousin, really mean?
- What is a cM and why is it listed on my match page?
- What is a chromosome browser? How do I use it my genealogy?
- How do I use the In Common With tool to find genealogical connections?
Year Published: 2015
Format: Full color PDF download
Publisher: Genealogy Gems Publications
Upon purchase, you will receive an email with a link to the digital download. Please check your spam or junk folder for the email if you do not receive it in your inbox right away. Mobile devices may not be able to complete the initial download, so we recommend downloading to a computer first. Please read the download instructions before beginning, and be sure to allow the download to fully complete before accessing the files.
Diahan Southard has a background in microbiology with a talent for clear and concise explanations of complicated topics. She has been translating genetics into genealogy for 15 years and currently acts as Your DNA Guide, providing personalized consultation experiences to help genealogists use DNA testing in their genealogy.
We Also Recommend